Job description: Product Owner (Full Time, Permanent Role)
Salary: 25-30k DOE + bonus
Location: Social Profit Calculator is a digital first company but offices are in Hull
Hours: 08:30-17:00 preferred (some flexible arrangements for the right candidate) 37.5 hours/weekly
About Social Profit Calculator
Social Profit Calculator (SPC) is a consultancy and software company specialising in the measurement, monitoring and calculation of social, economic and environmental impact. Our Social Value Calculator is accredited by Social Value UK and Social Value International, to provide robust and credible calculations of Social Value across all project stages, from planning to operation, asset value, fund management and end-user experience.
At SPC, we use our practical knowledge, experience and expertise to provide clients across all sectors with innovative, forward-thinking and deliverable social value policies and strategies. We work with businesses of all sizes to offer a comprehensive range of tender services: including procurement support, social value offers, HM Treasury Business Case appraisal support and bid writing. We have diverse client base across a range of sectors including construction, retail, finance, professional services, public sector and third sector organisations.
Social Value is a growth area, and we are a growing business. This means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking. We are curious, creative and open to new ideas and ways of working, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to deliver on what we can do.
Purpose of the Role
Social Profit Calculator has been growing for a few years, and recent changes to government legislation mean that social value is about to become more relevant than ever. We are looking for someone to join our development team to be the product expert, supporting the growth of our software via a well-groomed backlog and overarching product roadmap.
- As product owner you will:
- Serve as the voice of the client & represent the client’s point of view for the development team
- Collaborate with stakeholders during concept stages of new features & functionality
- Own the product roadmap for Social Profit Calculator
- Develop, scope & define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Working with the development team, review work from previous sprints and plan new tasks
- Working with the marketing team, develop detailed wireframes to help guide the development of new software and features
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Attend client meetings
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyse their needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Experience in a product/software management or product support/analyst role
- Experience or knowledge of working in an Agile team
- Exceptional communication skills, attention to details and a natural problem solver
- A commitment to deadlines and targets and a desire to ‘fly’ the flag for the customer
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Great organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of management of key stakeholders and their expectation.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
- Interpersonal skills and developing relationships with team members and customers.
- Outstanding communication & presentation skills.
Nonessential but nice to have:
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience working with construction firms
- Understanding of public sector procurement processes
- Ability to define a product roadmap or knowledge of its execution
- Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products.
- Experience working with sales or marketing is an advantage.
Why join SPC?
- A company supported pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Tailored training & development
- A digital-first and agile working environment
- Being part of an entrepreneurial team that challenges you and gives you fantastic career progression
- Family-friendly employer – SPC is the home of many parents who benefit from flexibility around their childcare responsibilities
Please provide a CV, covering letter to email@example.com
We expect to conduct the recruitment process completely online.
Applications close: Friday 2nd April, 2021.