Social Value Consultant
Department: Consultancy Services
Full-time permanent contract: 37.5 hours per week
Reports to: Principal Consultant
Salary: £25,000 – £32,000 dependent on experience, plus additional benefits
Deadline for Applications: 23:59, 22nd July 2020. Interviews will be held the week commencing 26th July 2020
About Social Profit Calculator
Social Profit Calculator (SPC) was founded in response to the Public Services (Social Value) Act, 2012. The Act requires people who commission public services to think about how they can also secure wider social, economic and environmental benefits. We built the Social Profit Calculator in response to the Social Value Act. Clients can use it to calculate the value of what they do simply and effectively using a Social Value UK & Social Value International accredited platform.
The SPC team has twenty years experience of in delivering, creating and measuring Social Value. We use our practical knowledge, experience and expertise to provide clients across all sectors with innovative, forward-thinking and deliverable social value policies and strategies.
We work with businesses of all sizes to offer a comprehensive range of tender services: including procurement, social value offers, HM Treasury Business Case appraisal support and bid writing. We have a diverse client base from a range of sectors including construction, retail, finance, professional services, public sector and third sector organisations.
Social Value is a growth area, and we are a growing business. This means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diversity, bold thinking. We are curious, creative and open to new ideas and ways of working, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what we can do.
Purpose of Job
Our Consultancy team is growing, and we are looking for a Social Value Consultant to support the consultancy team to continue to deliver exceptional work.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Social Value Consultant who has a keen interest in social valuation and sustainability. Supporting and leading the delivery of consultancy projects will be a key part of this role. You’ll use your strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills to deliver a range of consultancy services including tender support, policies and strategies, and forecast/evaluative calculations.
Alongside supporting consultancy projects, you will work cross-enterprise and liaise with different teams to support business development including proposal writing, development of social, economic and environmental evaluations for SPC and facilitating stakeholder workshops.
Join us and become part of an exciting place to work.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Support delivery of consultancy projects for a range of clients, including public sector, third sector, commercial, industry and finance.
- Lead high level social, environmental and economic impact calculations for a range of clients. This includes collating and preparing client data, assuring data quality, using SPC’s Social Profit Calculator platform, and conducting Excel-based calculations.
- Lead development of credible Social Value reports.
- Attend client meetings and liaise with clients at all levels, including supporting stakeholder engagement workshops.
- Support the delivery of Social Value policies and strategies for clients.
- Help build submissions regarding Social Value tenders.
- Help produce proposals for prospective clients.
- Research and develop social, environmental and economic valuations for SPC.
- Work with the development and design team to realise projects which intersect with consultancy projects.
- Assist the development team where necessary.
- The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that are reasonable to be considered as within the scope and purpose of the job and aptitudes of the job holder.
- This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
Special working conditions
- Occasional travel within the UK will be required.
- Normal office hours are 8.30-5.30 pm Monday-Friday with a 1-hour break for lunch.
- A strong interest in sustainability and making a difference for people and the environment.
- Good understanding of UK Social Value policy, the Sustainable Development Goals and responsible business.
- Knowledge of social evaluation, theories and methodologies, including Cost Benefit Analysis, Social Return on Investment (SROI) and Economic Appraisal.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following sectors: industry knowledge of construction/ infrastructure, professional services, public sector procurement, asset management.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of the following areas: sustainability, corporate social responsibility (ESG), socially responsible investment, environmental impact assessment, environmental economics.
- Client relationship experience.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience of delivering consultancy projects and evidence of successful feedback from clients.
- Research, data analysis and evaluation experience.
- Report and proposal writing.
- Communicating concepts and methodologies.
- Experience giving presentations.
- Excellent organisational, planning, prioritising and time management skills.
- Ability to manage several projects at once.
- Ability to problem solve and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills and be able to operate credibly at all levels.
- Analytical skills and ability to synthesise information and present it clearly in succinct reports and presentations.
- High level of accuracy and eye for detail.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team as well as autonomously.
- Excellent IT and Microsoft Office Package skills.
- Recognise the implications of working with a range of clients including third sector, public sector, commercial, industry and finance.
- Drive, enthusiasm and an optimistic approach.
- Demonstrate flexibility and open-mindedness.
- Experience in facilitating stakeholder workshops.
- Experience in working with technical teams and helping to shape products for consultancy customers.
- Experience in using SQL and/or Python or similar.
Please submit a full CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the SPC office on 01482 255112