Software Developer (.Net)
Full time permanent contract
Salary 25-30K dependent on experience
Location: Remote (preference for candidate with easy access to Manchester or Hull, but all locations considered. For Hull-based candidates, we have offices to which you would have access to including their in-house pool table and bar!)
Hours: 8-4 preferred (flexible arrangements available)
Purpose of the Role
We are growing our development team. We have an ambitious development roadmap for the next 12 months and we are looking for a self-motivated developer with experience working in an agile team to help us to deliver for our clients. We are looking for support in developing our TDD processes as well as someone who takes pride in their excellent, clean and readable code.
- C# ASP.NET MVC In-depth understanding of C# with .NET Core and .NET framework experience
- OOP In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming and SOLID principles
- Refactoring Must be confident in refactoring out-dated code with modern best practices
- API Development Experience in developing and consuming APIs
- Testing Experience writing automated tests
- SQL Experience working with SQL
- Git Comfortable using Git
- CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of working in an Agile team
- A degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline, and 2+ years of commercial experience. In lieu of a CS degree, proven industry experience would be equally good.
- Experience working with or knowledge of the Scrum Framework.
Familiarity in some of the following areas:
- The basics of web development – HTML, CSS • Modern front-end JS technologies – Ember.js, or Vue.js would be a bonus!
- Server side languages – including PHP (Laravel), C# (.NET)
- Database Technologies – including SQL Server, MySQL
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools would be perfect.
Why join SPC?
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays + your birthday off!
- Competitive salary and performance-related bonus
- A Company supported pension
- Family-friendly employer – SPC is the home of many parents who benefit from flexibility around their childcare responsibilities
- Fully-remote team with staff across the world
- Training opportunities to support your career development.
About Our Tech
We are a young team still working out what works for us. We currently have technology in PHP, .Net Framework and .Net Core. We present our work with HTML5, CSS and JS and our databases are in MSSQL. We rely on Jira to keep our workflow straight, Sonorcloud, and Resharper to keep us on our toes.
About Social Profit Calculator
Social Profit Calculator (SPC) is a consultancy and software company specialising in the measurement, monitoring and calculation of social, economic and environmental impact. Our Social Value Calculator is accredited by Social Value UK and Social Value International to provide robust and credible calculations of Social Value across all project stages, from planning to operation, asset value, fund management and end-user experience.
At SPC, we use our practical knowledge, experience and expertise to provide clients across all sectors with innovative, forward-thinking and deliverable social value policies and strategies. We work with businesses of all sizes to offer a comprehensive range of tender services: including procurement support, social value offers, HM Treasury Business Case appraisal support and bid writing. We have a diverse client base across a range of sectors including construction, retail, finance, professional services, public sector and third sector organisations. Our target market is mostly in the construction and infrastructure sectors, although we work broadly too.
Social Value is a growth area, and we are a growing business. This means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking. We are curious, creative and open to new ideas and ways of working, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to deliver on what we can do.
We recently took the decision to become a fully remote team and have successfully transitioned to working together online full time. We have ambitions, however, to meet in person (Covid-permitting) from time to time and hence would prefer a candidate with convenient access to either Manchester (where most of our team are based) or Hull, where our sister company, Pagabo, have excellent meeting facilities.
Please provide a CV, covering letter and your Github to Sarah@staging.socialprofitcalculator.co.uk.
We expect to conduct the recruitment process completely online during December.
Applications close 5th January 2020 23:59.